About Mitchell Lewis & Staver
At Mitchell Lewis & Staver, we deeply value our people, our customers, and doing things right. We are a leader in innovative solutions that help our
customers manage, control and conserve energy and liquid resources. We do this through application-specific pumping systems, electronic controls, and
packaged systems. Working at MLS means you will be a part of a growing team of knowledge leaders, creating value for our customers through our technical
expertise and solution-driven focus.
Mitchell Lewis & Staver fosters a proactive culture of teamwork, transparent communication, entrepreneurship, integrity, and accountability. We also
like to have fun, promoting lightheartedness and work-life balance. We offer competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package, and a generous
PTO policy. If you are looking for a great team environment where your skills and talents are valued, join the team at Mitchell Lewis & Staver!
We are seeking a skilled, reputable Branch Manager to join the opening of our new Mt. Pleasant, Michigan branch!
You're a driven, passionate, experienced operations leader with proven ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers. You're
looking for a fast-paced, exciting opportunity with a focus on delivering results that are aligned with the company's mission. You're interested in
refining your skills, utilizing your experience, and building something meaningful. You have an eye for detail and innovation in everything you do,
with a proven track record of going after what you want - and making it happen.
What You'll Do
As the Branch Manager, you'll develop and execute a consistent and successful operations initiatives that support revenue growth and profitability. You'll
implement critical relationships with customers, suppliers, and vendors by performing the following functions.
- Direct and coordinate branch staff activities for inside sales, operations, customer support, and delivery/warehouse logistics in order to achieve
branch goals and objectives.
- Manage employment decisions, including requests for headcount, phone screens, interviews, and maintain relationships with local staffing agencies.
- Conduct all branch transactions and activities with honest, ethical standards that comply with all regulations and company policies.
- Ensure the safe keeping of company assets including staff, equipment, inventory, and structures.
- Identify lost sales opportunities including inventory/stock issues, pricing issues and create action plans to solve issues.
- Partner with supply chain group to proactively manage inventory.
- Make continuous improvement recommendations.
- Oversee branch budget.
- Provide regular workforce management recommendations and plans.
- Responsible for development of branch safety and recommending improvements to safety.
- Communicate outside of the branch with vendors, customers, and other departments.
- Manage branch level vendors, and service providers.
- Understand products and technical pump knowledge.
- 5-10% travel in and out of state.
We'd Like to See
- 3 to 5 years of relevant leadership experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment.
- Experience in technical environment with an aptitude for mechanical thought.
- Experience with enterprise applications to include CRM and ERP solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to remain at a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Ability to Stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
We'd Like You to Have
- Stellar verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility and adaptability with ability to handle ambiguity
- Sense of urgency with excellent time management skills
- Strong critical thinking / problem solving skills
- Leadership vision with tactical skill set
- Unquestioned integrity, honesty, and transparency
What's In It For You
- Competitive compensation plan with generous base and commission incentive
- Medical coverage through Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield, a nationally recognized insurance company
- Dental and Vision with a wide array of in-network options in multiple areas
- Employer paid Life and AD&D insurance equivalent to 1x annual salary
- Voluntary Life and AD&D enrollment options for you, your spouse or partner, and children
- Short-term and Long-term disability plans to supplement your income in the event of an accident, illness, or disability
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account for eligible healthcare expenses; Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account for childcare expenses
- Employee Assistance Program for confidential counseling services
- 401k with generous company match
- Employee Recognition Program
Interested? Submit your resume and application here!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.