About Mitchell Lewis & Staver
At Mitchell Lewis & Staver, we deeply value our people, our customers, and doing things right. We are a leader in innovative solutions that help our
customers manage, control and conserve energy and liquid resources. We do this through application-specific pumping systems, electronic controls, and
packaged systems. Working at MLS means you will be a part of a growing team of knowledge leaders, creating value for our customers through our technical
expertise and solution-driven focus.
Our CultureWe are seeking a Branch Manager for a brand new Santa Maria, California branch.
Mitchell Lewis & Staver fosters a proactive culture of teamwork, transparent communication, entrepreneurship, integrity,
and accountability. We also like to have fun, promoting lightheartedness and work-life balance. We offer competitive compensation, an excellent benefits
package, and a generous PTO policy. If you are looking for a great team environment where your skills and talents are valued, join the team at Mitchell
Lewis & Staver!
The Santa Maria Branch manager will be responsible for managing and coordinating branch operations by managing inside sales, administration, warehouse,
and driver positions. The Branch Manager is responsible for leading the team - excellent communication skills and the ability to make data driven decisions
is crucial to success in this role. If you have a passion for continuous improvement, a high level of adaptability, and a solid understanding of operations
management, distribution and production planning, we'd love to hear from you!
- Leads and manages the day to day operation of the MLS branch.
- Accountable for directing and coordinating the branch staff activities for inside sales, operations, customer support, delivery/warehouse logistics
in order to achieve branch goals and objectives.
- Establishes and implements action plans and processes to achieve branch goals and objectives.
- Reviews branch costs, operations, budgets and forecast data to determine branch metrics and performance to the stated goals and objectives.
- Responsible for managing a strong, effective branch staff including employment decisions, on-boarding, training, and performance evaluations to
develop a high performing team.
- Conduct all branch transactions and activities with honest, high ethical standards and complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Ensures the safe keeping of company assets including staff, equipment, inventory and structures.
- Accountable for identification of product or service opportunities in served markets.
- Prepare and assist customers and inside and outside sales teams with the preparation of quotations, bids, field service contracts, sales orders,
processing pick tickets and returns and associated correspondence.
- Answer incoming phone calls, disburse messages, maintain flow of email, build and maintain customer relationships and effectively interact with
all departments to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Collect competitive information and distribute to the marketing team, sales staff and operations team.
- Identify lost sales opportunities including inventory/stock issues, pricing issues and create action plans to move to solutions.
- Identify gaps and solutions within the distribution system including but not limited to inventory, delivery that impacts to customer satisfaction.
EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred
- 6 to 8 years of relevant leadership experience in a distribution and sales environment
- Proven effective team building experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in agriculture pumping, residential pumping or industrial pumps.
- Firm grasp of hydraulic engineering concepts and solutions
- Experience in agricultural pumping, residential pumping, or industrial pumping is desirable.
- Understanding of relevant channels or market side partners/influencers and of the selling process
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite at an intermediate level.
- Up to 20% travel may be needed.
- Mitchell Lewis & Staver has a long history of maintaining a family friendly, supportive environment. Typical schedules range from 7:00
- 4:00 or 8:00 - 5:00 (with a one hour lunch), Monday through Friday. Schedules and occasional overtime may fluctuate based on individual
- Medical coverage through Regence, a nationally recognized insurance company
- Dental and Vision with a wide array of in-network options in multiple areas
- Employer paid Life and AD&D insurance equivalent to 1x annual salary
- Voluntary Life and AD&D enrollment options for you, your spouse or partner, and children, to cover expenses if you or they were to pass away
- Short-term and Long-term disability plans to cover you in the event of an accident, illness, or disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare (copays, deductibles, etc.) and dependent care expenses (childcare, nanny, pre-school, before and after care) expenses
- Employee Assistance Program for confidential counseling services, referrals to inpatient or outpatient mental health or chemical dependency programs, will preparation, financial and legal resources, and more
- 401k with company match: Mitchell Lewis will match dollar for dollar on the first 3% you contribute
- Employee Recognition Program
Please apply with your resume and cover letter: https://mitchelllewisstaver.applytojob.com/apply/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.