About Mitchell Lewis & Staver
Since 1882, Mitchell Lewis & Staver has focused on technical expertise, superior service, quality products, and dependable delivery, making them us
the leading distributor of value-added pumps, motors, controls, packaged systems and custom engineered solutions for residential water, wastewater,
agriculture, irrigation, commercial and industrial applications. We are a leader in innovative solutions that help our customers manage, control and
conserve energy and liquid resources.
At Mitchell Lewis & Staver, we deeply value our people, our customers, and doing things right. Mitchell Lewis & Staver fosters a proactive culture
of teamwork, transparent communication, entrepreneurship, integrity, and accountability. We also like to have fun, promoting lightheartedness and work-life
balance. We offer competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package, and a generous PTO policy. If you are looking for a great team environment
where your skills and talents are valued, join the team at Mitchell Lewis & Staver!
We are seeking a skilled, reputable Director of Branch Operations to join our Wilsonville, Oregon branch.
You're a driven, passionate, experienced operations leader with proven ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers. You're
looking for a fast-paced, exciting opportunity with a focus on delivering results that are aligned with the company's mission. You would describe yourself
as dedicated to continuous improvement, with a passion for utilizing your experience and refining your skills by building something meaningful. You
have an eye for detail and innovation in everything you do, with a proven track record of going after what you want - and making it happen.
What You'll Do
Mitchell Lewis & Staver is hiring a Director of Branch Operations who is passionate about working collaboratively to ensure branch employees are
energized and motivated by our company's purpose, vision and values. Through providing exceptional internal and external customer experiences,
the Director of Branch Operations is constantly working to increase employee and customer satisfaction, engagement, and loyalty. Developing processes
and procedures that are consistent, lean, scalable and sustainable across the entire Mitchell Lewis & Staver footprint is a must.
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs, ensuring effective equipment utilization and that safety measures are in place
- Ensure effective compliance with Health and Safety legislation, OSHA, and internal policies and procedures
- Address safety issues, concerns, incidents, and liabilities proactively and efficiently
- Create a strong synergy between Operations and Outside Sales teams to ensure a cohesive go to market approach for our customers
- Partner, mentor and coach branch managers across the Western United States to develop, implement, and achieve optimum performance metrics
- Inspire, motivate and develop branch operations staff to provide exceptional customer service experiences that optimize customer and employee
- Develop, manage and publish scorecards and dashboards to provide visibility to senior management on branch performance
- Develop and execute on best-in-class processes and procedures that meet lean principles across the broader Mitchell Lewis & Staver footprint.
- Ensure implementation and monitoring of all parts of the turnkey process, including pick, pack & ship, fulfillment, distribution, customer
relations, inventory control, customer service, etc.
- Utilize data to manage performance, clearly communicating goals and objectives and providing visibility to teams that foster a winning attitude
- Provide on-going strategic recommendations to the VP of Operations based on creativity, real-time performance metrics, financial analysis and
projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis
- Partner with the sales organization to resolve customer facing issues in a fair, consistent and equitable manner
- Conduct root-cause analysis that leads to timely corrective action for internal and external issues
- Be a catalyst for growth, driving the business to reach and exceed the required financial goals.
- Partner with the supply chain organization to effectively manage the overall inventory position, including the development and execution of
inventory management processes and policies
- Develop branch operation budgets, including CAPEX, OPEX and organizational structure plans; work cohesively with the Finance department to
review, recommend, and approve capital expenditures
We'd Like to See...
- BS degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or related field of study preferred
- Experience in implementing lean principles/operational excellence
- Experience leading a small to midsize geographically disparate warehouse and logistics organization
- Experience building a team with a vision for organizational structure
- Adept at developing a long term functional strategy while creating annual and short term execution plans
- Demonstrated experience using "lean" methodologies for efficient operations outcomes
- Comprehensive knowledge with an in-depth understanding of driver safety and DOT regulations
- Experience building a customer service driven environment with an understanding of best practices
- Experience leveraging technology to maximize customer experience
- Experience managing a fleet, route optimization strategies, load management and delivery process optimization
- Business acumen with a background in creating and sustaining business relationships and providing excellent customer service
- Working knowledge to establish and deliver on key performance indicators that ensure customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to make judgments in complex situations and provide quantitative analysis in support of decision-making processes
- Superior people management and leadership skills
- Experience working successfully within the constraints of a growing company, including the need for involvement and contribution in all areas
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and move forward multiple deliverables
- Intermediate - advanced knowing of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
- Expert working knowledge of integrated ERP systems, including MRP and DRP principles with implementation experience strongly preferred
- Experience and or understanding in working in a matrix structure particularly within a fast-phased growth environment
- Keen understanding of data, including data manipulation, data extraction and data presentation in a challenging environment
- 50 - 75% domestic travel required
We'd Like You to Have...
- Ability to execute both tactically and strategically at the most detailed level
- Ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and perform all functions, both in and outside immediate scope of work
- Effective change management leader with a passion for innovation and change
- Excellent knowledge of process improvement methodologies and tools
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Dedicated team player with a strong sense of urgency
- Decisive, fair, consistent, and stress tolerant in a fast paced, results oriented environment
- Stellar verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility and adaptability with ability to handle ambiguity
- Sense of urgency with excellent time management skills
- Strong critical thinking / problem solving skills
- Unquestioned integrity, honesty, and transparency
What's In It For You
- Competitive compensation plan with generous base and commission incentive
- Medical coverage through Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision with a wide array of in-network options in multiple areas
- Employer paid Life and AD&D insurance equivalent to 1x annual salary
- Voluntary Life and AD&D enrollment options for you, your spouse or partner, and children
- Short-term and Long-term disability plans to supplement your income in the event of an accident, illness, or disability
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account for eligible healthcare expenses; Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account for childcare expenses
- Employee Assistance Program for confidential counseling services
- 401k with generous company match
- Employee Recognition Program
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification.They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.