What We Do
At Mitchell Lewis & Staver, we deeply value our people, our customers, and doing things right. We are a leader in innovative solutions that help our
customers manage, control and conserve energy and liquid resources. We do this through application-specific pumping systems, electronic controls, and
Working at MLS means you will be a part of a growing team of knowledge leaders, creating value for our customers through our technical expertise and solution-driven
focus. Mitchell Lewis & Staver fosters a proactive culture of teamwork, communication, entrepreneurship, integrity, and accountability. We live
by our values while having fun, and we're big on maintaining work-life balance.
Individuals within the Help Desk Technician role are responsible for the support of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks.
They, troubleshoot, install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve the operating environment.They also will work with vendors to maintain the
ongoing reliability, performance, and support of the infrastructure. This includes monitoring the operating environments; responding to incidents,
problems and planning for growth.
Help Desk Technicians work with Vendors to deploy the release of new technologies as well as design, install, configure, maintain, and perform testing
of PC/server operating systems, networks, and related utilities and hardware.
Other responsibilities include troubleshooting problems as reported by users, supporting Web access, and electronic messaging services and maintaining
a secure systems environment. They also provide infrastructure solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth, install new servers, and
maintain the infrastructure.
Help Desk Technicians require good communication (verbal/written) skills and must be able to work collaboratively with clients, vendors and other technical
colleagues. This role requires individuals to work across all functional areas and use a strong customer service orientation to ensure that all service
requests and incidents are resolved in a professional and timely manner. They share their expertise and provide individual training and support.
- a.Demonstrate behaviors consistent with those of the Company’s Core Values at all times.
- b.Develop and maintain positive, cooperative, and team-oriented relationships with various vendors, co-workers, supervisors, managers and others.
- Support (Break/Fix)
- a.Provides excellent end-user support to business stakeholders for business systems and periodically conducts training classes on specific application
software and processes.Leverage Vendors to test and coordinate resolution of issues and support user adoption by executing effective change management.
- b.Diagnoses and resolves complex hardware, software, and connectivity problems.
- c.Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- d.Complete all other tasks or projects as assigned.
- Proactive Maintenance
- a.Assist the Manager of IT in developing SLAs and various KPIs.
- b.Maintain, monitor, and support the infrastructure environment and/or facilities.
- c.Support and work on multiple cross-functional base work initiatives and projects.
- d.Support multiple systems of medium to high complexity (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple
concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility.
- e.Work as the technical liaison between IT and Business teams, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including
validation of ongoing solutions supportability.
- f.Monitors system-operating capacity in terms of (e.g., disk space, storage, and CPU utilization).
- g.May recommend changes/enhancements for improved systems.
- h.Ensure all issues are documented using the Help Desk tool.
- i.Ensure all documentation is developed and maintained.
- j.Maintain structured cabling systems, telecom systems, WAN, LAN, cellular/DAS, Wireless Networks and local Internet, remote access, VPNs, and connectivity
Experience and Abilities Required:
Minimum three (3) to five (5) years’ as a Help Desk Technician supporting multi-site/multi-state facilities
Strong Proficiency with VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, Nimble, Mitel 5000, Active Directory, VDI, AdTran, Palo Alto
Characteristics and Competencies Required:
- Adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility within a variety of changing situations while working with various individuals and groups.Changes
own ideas or perceptions in response to changing circumstances. Partners with the Business to alter standard procedures when necessary, and multi-tasks
- Analytical Thinking: Able to breakdown raw information and undefined problems into specific, workable components that in-turn clearly
identifies the issues at hand. Makes logical conclusions, anticipates obstacles and considers different approaches that are relevant to the decision
- Communications for Results: Expresses technical and business concepts, ideas, feelings, opinions, and conclusions orally and in writing.
Listens attentively and reinforces words through empathetic body language and tone.
- Information Seeking: Gathers and analyzes information or data on current and future trends of best practice. Seeks information on
issues impacting the progress of organizational and process issues. Translates up to date information into continuous improvement activities that
- Initiative: Voluntarily takes the first steps to identify and address existing and potential obstacles, issues, and opportunities.
- Problem Solving: Anticipates, identifies, and defines problems. Seeks root causes. Develops and implements practical and timely solutions.
- Teamwork: Collaborates with other members of formal and informal groups in the pursuit of common missions, vision, values, and mutual
goals. Places team needs and priorities above personal needs.Involves others in making decisions that affect them. Draws on the strengths of colleagues
and gives credit to others' contributions and achievements.
- Thoroughness: Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy.Defines and organizes tasks, responsibilities, and priorities. Takes responsibility
for timely completion.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates Degree preferred
- MCSE or other certifications preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification.They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position.