About Mitchell Lewis & Staver
At Mitchell Lewis & Staver, we deeply value our people, our customers, and doing things right. We are a leader in innovative solutions that help
our customers manage, control and conserve energy and liquid resources. We do this through application-specific pumping systems, electronic controls,
and packaged systems. Working at MLS means you will be a part of a growing team of knowledge leaders, creating value for our customers through
our technical expertise and solution-driven focus.
Mitchell Lewis & Staver fosters a proactive culture of teamwork, transparent communication, entrepreneurship, integrity, and accountability. We
also like to have fun, promoting lightheartedness and work-life balance. We offer competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package, and
a generous PTO policy. If you are looking for a great team environment where your skills and talents are valued, join the team at Mitchell Lewis
We are seeking a Warehouse Associate to join the opening of our new Mt. Pleasant, Michigan branch!
About the Role
This position is responsible for both warehouse and customer service. The position will use a variety of equipment, including forklift (training available),
hand truck, multi-line phone system as well as computer systems. Provide exceptional customer service and assistance to customers and sales/operations
teams throughout all MLS locations. The position also provides solutions to fluid handling challenges and increase sales through the development
of customer relationships and providing an understanding to our customers of the many products and services that MLS provides. The position will
report to the Branch Manager.
What You'll Do
- Daily shipping and receiving; load and unload product from delivery trucks.
- Process packing slips, purchase orders, stocking, pulling parts for shipment following pick list, preparing product for shipment.
- Answer incoming phone calls, disburse messages, and manage incoming email flow.
- Build rapport and ongoing positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Assist customers, outside sales team, inside sales team, and branch managers with the preparation of quotes, bids, field service contracts, sales
orders and associated correspondence.
- Act as a liaison between customers and internal staff by effectively communicating with office and field staff to ensure understanding and solutions
to customer concerns or inquiries.
- Submit sales orders and production tickets for invoicing; process pick tickets, returns, return goods, and authorization forms.
- Collect competitive market data for sharing with the marketing team, sales staff and operations team.
- Build strong, ongoing effective working relationships with staff at all locations.
What We'd Like to See
- Experience in agricultural pumping, residential pumping, industrial pumping, and/or distribution industry preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Ability and desire to learn, utilize, and retain new knowledge effectively.
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs regularly, up to 75lbs occasionally.
- Ability to work productively in a team setting.
- Ability to manage time to complete both non-reoccurring and on-going projects.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- 0-10% travel may be needed.
- Ability to work occasional Saturdays/overtime hours as requested by branch manager.
What's In It For You
- Mitchell Lewis & Staver has a long history of maintaining a family friendly, supportive environment.
- Typical schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:00; schedules and additional hours may fluctuate based on individual branch needs.
- Medical coverage through Regence, a nationally recognized insurance company
- Dental and Vision with a wide array of in-network options in multiple areas
- Employer paid Life and AD&D insurance equivalent to 1x annual salary
- Voluntary Life and AD&D enrollment options for you, your spouse or partner, and children, to cover expenses if you or they were to pass away
- Short-term and Long-term disability plans to cover you in the event of an accident, illness, or disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare (copays, deductibles, etc.) and dependent care expenses (childcare, nanny, pre-school, before and after
- Employee Assistance Program for confidential counseling services, referrals to inpatient or outpatient mental health or chemical dependency programs,
will preparation, financial and legal resources, and more
- 401k with company match
- Employee Recognition Program
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
How To Apply
If you are interested in one of our open positions, submit your resume here! We
will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for any future or current openings, and thank you for considering
Mitchell Lewis & Staver as a potential employer.